Wednesday, January 26, 2011

The Big scare


Rob went to Spain for this Nike video competition and finished the video.. Then wanted some extra clips (he was there for 3 weeks) The day before he was supposed to come home I received a text message saying " Im in the hospital, I might miss my flight. Don't freak out." so what did I do? FREAKED OUT ! He ran into a rail with his chest going fast enough to lacerate his liver, bruise his lung, and break all the cartilage in his ribs connecting to his sternum.

So Spain told him nothing was wrong and sent him on his way home. He flew into NY where he decided it would be a good idea to get a second opinion because he didn't feel like nothing was wrong. He made it up to Danbury hospital in Connecticut. Where he found out all the details and they said to watch it because he's internally bleeding and to be careful....they also gave him pain killers. That made him sick and threw up, which making his laceration bigger. So making it a VERY near death experience. So I was in Utah in a panic and decided I needed to get there, I kinda just up and left work. Told them to cancel all my appointments and i'll let them know when i'm coming back. So I booked my flight at 7:25 and it was leaving at 8:10. luckily I already had my bags packed up. The drive to the airport takes about 25 minutes so I was sure I was missing my flight. But I had to try everything I could get there ASAP. Im running through the airport cutting lines and yelling "I'm going to miss my flight!" I get to the gate and there was like a 15 minute delay so I made it! And ill tell you what that was the longest plane ride of my life. All I kept thinking "how does my life go on if I can't have rob?" I was making myself sick. I finally got to the hospital It was so good to just see him. He was in and out of consciousness when I first got there and they were monitoring him to see if they needed to do surgery. When He woke up late at night he asked if i would sleep next to him in the bed. So we made it work. It was a tight squeeze but so nice to just be next to each other. They ended up not having to do surgery and he would be down for months before he could do anything. He couldn't even lie down all the way . He had to learn to sleep sitting up. I had to control myself and not make jokes to lighten the mood because it hurt him so much to laugh. We came home and he healed up fine. But after that I knew.. I cannot live without this boy.

http://video.mpora.com/watch/Gt8Uo69A8/ Heres the video that they made, you can get an idea of what Rob actually does.

No comments:

Post a Comment